Thursday, December 28, 2006

S3E03 "Further Instructions"

Most excellent Episode! :)
YAY!! We've got our S1 badass Locke back!! And the twist at the end with "Locke's Speech" and Desmond was INSANE!!! We'll be talkin about that one for quite some time I think.

Now onto some First View Episode Notes:

- we open with the Locke Eye shot (guess what my new avvy is gonna be? ) VERY remniscent of the beginning of the show in "Pilot (Part 1)" with the Jack Eye shot.

- looks like Charlie got a haircut

- no FB in the intro. I didnt think the FBs were all that great tonight. I was really thinkin maybe Eddie was gonna shoot him, causing his paralysis, but that's still a story for another day I suppose

- Locke wants to "speak to the Island" - YES!!! S1 Badass Locke is BAAAAAACK!!!!

- "Did you rob a bank?" - " 'Fraid so" - looking back on this scene knowing Eddie is a cop....puts quite a different spin on it, not necessarily the line, but the scene where Locke is pulled over.

- I swear I saw "Johnathan Locke" (or at least Johnathan - my bro's name is Jonathan, so I saw the "H" right away - jumped off the page.) I wonder if we're lookin at S3's version of "Jin's Resume"

- "So you can bring the family back together" - what was Boone referring to? Saving the Losties?

- as Boone wheels Locke around, it seems like he tells the future of each person Locke sees. I couldnt write fast enough to get them all, but details will be in tomorrows addendum notes and caps for sure

- "nothing you can do for them. Not yet" - so Locke IS eventually gonna be able to save Jack, Kate, and Sawyer from the Others....YES!!

- I will post a cap of an excellent shot of Locke driving into his little community - the trees were awesome!! I'd love to know where that was filmed.

- Wow....the Swan Hatch IMPLODED. Thats another cap I'll be sure to include later

- (when Locke throws the knife) Hurley: "Dude" - quite possibly the best use of that word I've ever seen!!

- interesting....a beat up old toy truck in the Polar Bear's cave....and I'm pretty sure I saw a Dharma logo....the Pearl I think it was....

- OMG....Locke's community grows WEED!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Eddie thought bombs at first...as soon as he said that, I was like "dude, the fertilizer...come on now....look at the hippie tent for meditation - they're growing POT!! LOL!!"

- that Polar Bear looked excessively PISSED OFF. I get the feeling the Others weren't very nice to the Polar Bears when they had them in captivity. This one tonight seemed overly aggressive.

- interesting, so Desmond says perhaps turning the key "detonated the electromagnetic anomoly" - but in doing so, might have taken him into the future and shown him Locke's speech. This could somehow explain his lack of clothes...when he was returned to the present time, they were destroyed.

- "You will find them. After all, you are a hunter" - yet another example of the Islands ability to see into the heads of the Losties. This reminded me alot of Sawyer being "possessed" by Wayne in "What Kate Did".

- and what can I say...Locke's speech.....I guess once again, Hurley has come up with the most appropriate time to use this word....."WHOAH". The same thing that just tweaked in his brain just tweaked in mine (and I'll bet a bunch of you too )


Enjoy!

Peace,
Truff

No comments: