Thursday, December 28, 2006

S3E05 "The Cost of Living"

Good episode :) Now for some first round notes:

- Question - How did the fire in Eko's hut start?

- How does Desmond know that the Hatch computer was used to communicate with the other stations. I mean the film mentions contact with "the outside world" but nothing about it talkin to the other stations. We saw it happen with "Walt" (or whoever it was talking to Michael), but how would Des know this?

- Shhh!! Just like Walt!! I believe this episode put a direct connection between Smokie and the "Havids". They're one group. The whispers/havid givers/controllers of smokie - and Ben and company are the "Others".

- How nice of Locke to offer to let other folks tag along to the Pearl. Too freakin bad it was idiot boy and the doofus queen. I really hate those two. ALOT. Alot more than I didn't like Ana Lucia. At least I'll have fun with Photoshop this week

- "Don't mistake coincidence for fate" - Nice. Very Nice.

- when Smokie was hovering over Eko looking into the water, I think it fled the scene cause it knew Locke was coming, not cause Eko turned and saw it.

- The tray that Juliet brings Jack his burger on is octagonal like the Dharma logo.

- Ben reveals his "plan" - YEAH RIGHT!!!! This is ALL part of their plan. Juliets video too. They are playin Jack so tough its not even funny.

- 2 days after Ben learns of his fatal tumor, Flight 815 crashes....interesting.

- Also interesting is how Locke FINALLY (kinda) describes a little more what he saw when he "looked into the eye of the Island, and what he saw was beautiful" in S1 - a "Bright Light" he called it.

- Yemi's body is gone. JUST like Christians. So I think Smokie/The Island can "absorb" these dead bodies and use their likenesses. It took Christian, Jack saw Christian in the water and in the jungle. It took Yemi, Locke and Eko both see Yemi. When Eko is yelling for Yemi to "show himself", he got what he asked for. Now I was REALLY hoping to see Yemi morph into Smokie, but I'll just assume it as so for now

- I think I now officially HATE Nikki as much as I hate Paulo. That whole scene in the Pearl where she tries to be all smart...GRRRR...

- "Ben is a Liar" - TRUE. "He is very dangerous" - TRUE. All the rest of it was part of yet another "Long Con" by Ben and crew.

- a little closure - so Eko was building the Island Church as a way to repent for Yemi

- I said to my brother as we watched "If Yemi morphs into Smokie right now I'm gonna mess my britches". All the white dust all over Yemi made it really look like they were gonna CG something really crazy....oh well....there's always next time......

- that's right. "We're next". Bring it on!! Locke is about to become THE MAN again. Get ready :)

Enjoy!

Peace,
Truff

No comments: