Thursday, February 8, 2007

S3E07 "Not In Portland" - Addendum Notes/Caps

S3E7 "Not In Portland" Addendum Notes and Screencaps

- Like I said, AMAZING shot to open



- Here's the vial seen in the opening FB. I can make out "Test Sample" and "Week 6, Batch 7". Doesn't appear to have our NUMBERS on it (until I read TPTP's post in the screencap request thread at Lost-Tv that put together that 6 weeks, at 7 batches per week = 42):




- here we see Juliet injecting Rachel with 4cc's of this "Test Syrum"



- here's the Miami skyline with the Oceanic plane flying by



- Juliet's acces card into the Miami Central University Bio Reseach Labs is for Research Lab A-4



- the vials that Juliet steals from the Miami lab appear to be the same as the ones we saw her inject Rachel with in FB1



- "there has to be a boat here somewhere, how else do they get back and forth" - just wait til they find out about the GALAGA :P

- I think its official - the Others are worse shots than Stormtroopers.

- I wonder now that Kate knows Alex's name and that she's a good "other" - will she mention this the next time she runs into Danielle, or will she not be around to do it or just be dumb and not say anything? Kate was at the beach when Danielle told the story of the Others taking her baby Alex (Exodus Part 1) and she's also heard Claire's story of the teenage girl who helped her escape, so I would hope that she puts 2 and 2 together and says something.

- when Ben regained consciousness, and was able to hear what Jack and Tom had been saying, the last thing they said to each other was: Tom "Did Juliet really ask you to kill him?" Jack "yeah, and in about 40 minutes, she's gonna get her wish" - so Ben has now heard of Juliet's little plan to have him killed. We don't actually hear what is said between them, only what Juilet tells Jack at the end what he said - and we have to just take her word for it.....nope. Not buyin it. Those two (Ben and Juliet) are schemers. Juliet isn't the same person she was before she was on the Island (okay, there was the stealing and potential ethical issues but still...). Now, she has a killer instinct - she zapped Sawyer, held Kate at gunpoint, told her Other friends to kill Sawyer and Kate if necessary, and shot Danny - I didn't see any indication of this kinda behavior from her in any of her FBs.

- looking for Easter Eggs and not coming up with anything, here is the brief shot we see of Juliet's computer screen:



- Juliets research could be brilliant, or it could raise some serious ethical concerns and maybe even criminal concern - and this is a trait the Others want her for? I'm leaning towards a little from column A (helping people get pregnant) and a little from column B (what the Others have her doing, which is god knows what)

- "I'm Tom, by the way" - um, I think Jack already knew that when Miss Klugh blurted his name out on the docks

- here are the slides that Dr. Alpert shows Juliet of the Mittelos Community




- we get a new shot of the entrance to the Hydra as Saywer, Kate, and Alex rush in to free Karl



- I have taken 53 caps of the brainwashing film. I know there are numerous other caps already out there. So what I'm going to do is compare what I have to what's out there and see if I have anything that they all missed (doubt it though ) Here is a LINK to the caps I was able to add.

- here we see Rachel's Widmore pregnancy test - and you really had to be lookin for it, cause it appears quickly and kinda blurry:



- I tried to cap the APOLLO sign, but there's just no way (I posted as close as I got in the Screencap request thread). I did get this kinda goofy cap of Ed Burke gettin hit by the bus:



- so the bus with the Apollo Candy bar ad (a Hanso Foundation sponsored company I might add) hits and kills Juliet's ex-husband, the only thing she told Mr. Alpert that was standing in her way of working for them. And Alpert/Mittelos play it off like they had nothing to do with it....yeah right.

- I think Tom was going to say "Becuase when the sky turned purple, we lost communication with our off Island contacts" or something to that extent.

- it was really great to hear the theme from S1 again (the one we hear in full at the end of "Do No Harm") as Sawyer and Kate rowed away

- now, this was not the case, but I think it woulda been a cute Easter Egg if the pack of tissues that Ethan handed Juliet in the morgue was Dharma brand.


That's all I have for this week.
Enjoy!

Peace,
Truff

3 comments:

puccio said...

I used to search through Lost-TV just to find your notes on the episodes... great idea to put those on a blog!

Very useful and interseting notes, as always.

Keep up the good work!

Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House said...

Excellent. I also found you through LOST-TV. I've not only linked to this post in my own blog post, but I added you to my blogroll at uncharted island. Hope you don't mind. :)

david said...

a big fan here! love your work! :)