Thursday, February 8, 2007

S3E07 "Not In Portland"

Some first round viewing notes:

- What an AMAZING shot to open the episode after 13 weeks. The folks in the Cinematography Dept get an A++ from me for this episode just for giving us this shot

- 4cc's in the needle Juliet gave her sister in the first FB

- as soon as I saw Ethan, I said to myself "holy crap, they are gonna confirm Off Island Hanso/Dharma agents tonight!!" (and they did too)

- I was ROTFL at Sawyer deliberately hitting Pickett's head 3 times into the food button so he would get shocked

- as soon as Juliet's Ex said he wanted in, I knew whatever it was she was doing was gonna be the reason that Hanso/Dharma was lookin into her.

- "you have 3 minutes" Jack says to Juliet - just like Miss Klugh said to Michael about Walt last season.

- MittelosBioscience, privately funded - BY THE HANSO FOUNDATION (don't forget to say that part )

BTW - THERE IS A WEBSITE FOR MITTELOSBIOSCIENCE - IT IS A CONFIRMED FANSITE.

- What was the book that the Hydra guard was reading? It was "A Brief Story of...." and I couldn't see the last word. (I got my answer later - "A Brief Story of Time" by Stephen Hawking)

- WOOKIE PRISONER GAG!!!! OMG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was PRICELESS!!!

- Karl is held in Room 23 - THE NUMBERS ARE BACK

- the only thing that I saw that flashed in that crazy video (that I was so toughly hoping was gonna be a TLE tie-in, but oh well ) was something like "He loves you like God loved Jacob." The only reason it stood out was the JACOB reference. That and a few frames after, we see none other than Gerald DeGroot (in the same shot he's seen in the Swan Orientation film).

- I'm sorry, but YAY!!! Pickett is dead!!! That guy was a real jerk.

- As Jack "fixed" Ben, the number seen on his cart (blood pressure or something, I don't know) was 108 then it changed to something else real fast. I'll have a cap of it later

- I thought that was an amazing tie in of Jack's story about the girl's surgery he messed up and fixed paralleling what he was doing with Ben. Very well shot. Ver cool concept. Good one, TPTB

- 3 years, 2 months, 28 days has Juliet been on the Island. Now who wants to tell me what day she arrived?

- Again I say, the confirmation that HANSO/DHARMA has "Off-Island" recruitment was the biggest part of this episode for me. It explains how Kelvin got there for one, and also puts ALOT of backing behind ALVAR HANSO and his Hanso Foundation running the whole show. Ben, Jacob?, whoever....at the top of the chain is ONE MAN. And I firmly believe that ONE MAN is none other than ALVAR HANSO.


Caps coming tomorrow (or late tonight if I can get to it )


Enjoy!

Peace,
Truff

No comments: